The hardware certification journey
Find out what you need to know before you begin your certification journey and what the process looks like once you start. If you have not yet enrolled in the hardware certification program please go here to get started.
Once you’ve ensured you’ve met all the necessary requirements here are the next steps you’ll need to follow
These steps all require a user account
- The Red Hat Certification Management Interface, also called hosted rhcert, is a SaaS offering for partners to create new certifications and update existing certifications
- Creating a entry on the hosted rhcert platform enables partners to start populating the product details for the certification.
- The Local Test Server exists in the partner’s environment, and serves as the command and control unit that issues test commands
- The System Under Test, also in the partner’s environment, contains the hardware that will undergo certification. The SUT runs the version of Red Hat Enterprise Linux on which the hardware is being certified
- The LTS controls the tests which are run on the SUT. All hardware certifications contain a minimum suite of tests, with additional tests required depending on the desired certification.
- The last step is to upload the test results from the LTS to the hosted rhcert, and then submitting the certification request to Red Hat for verification.