The hardware certification journey
Find out what you need to know before you begin your certification journey and what the process looks like once you start. If you have not yet enrolled in the hardware certification program please go here to get started.
Let’s ensure you have everything you need to get you going. This comprehensive list of prerequisites will allow you to determine what you may need to do in order to begin your hardware certification journey.
Once you’ve ensured you’ve met all the necessary requirements here are the next steps you’ll need to follow
These steps all require a user account
- The Red Hat Certification Management interface is a SaaS offering for partners to create new certifications and update existing certifications.
- Creating a certification request on the Red Hat Certification Management interface initiates the certification process with Red Hat and enables partners to start populating their product details and formally begin the engagement with Red Hat towards certification. Log into the Red Hat Certification Management interface
- The Hardware Under Test is the hardware that will undergo certification. Setting up a system as a host under test
- All of the network and several other tests to run on the host under test (HUT) require a remote system. This system is called a test server. Setting up a system that acts as a test server
- The graphical test suite interface is provided via Red Hat’s server administration tool Cockpit. Configure hosts run tests using Cockpit
- The test plan defines which tests are required to achieve certification. The test plan is provided by Red Hat for your hardware based on your hardware’s specification. The test plan is intended to be downloaded from the Red Hat Certification Management interface and uploaded to the Cockpit system inside your testing environment. Downloading the test plan from Red Hat Certification Management
- The Cockpit interface can then be used to provision the HUT and Test Servers in preparation for running the necessary tests. Using the test plan to prepare the host under test for testing
- Run tests with cockpit. Running the certification tests using Cockpit
- Upload the test results o the Red Hat Certification Management interface for verification. Uploading the results file of the executed test plan to Red Hat Certification portal