New ebook: Red Hat Universal Base Images (UBI)
I am pleased to announce the availability of the new Red Hat ebook on Red Hat Universal Base Images (UBI).
As a Red Hat partner, you need a source of container base images that have many of the qualities of Red Hat Enterprise Linux, but that can be used by your customers - even if they don’t have a Red Hat subscription.
Red Hat provides this with Universal Base Images (UBI), a subset of Red Hat Enterprise Linux for building applications in containers that have a separate End User License Agreement (EULA) and are freely redistributable. Read this new ebook to learn about benefits and more:
- The same image can be used for both Red Hat and non Red Hat customers
- Long-term support, updates, stability—and OCI compliant
- Same Red Hat Enterprise Linux quality, compatibility, security, and level of testing
- Ability for technology partners with Red Hat certified products to freely distribute other non-UBI and non-kernel Red Hat Enterprise Linux packages
- Helps you attract wider audiences by distributing through Red Hat Ecosystem Catalog and Red Hat Marketplace
- Freedom for your customers to choose to get support from Red Hat
- How your decisions on the software you place in your containers can have can have implications for the organizations that run your containerized applications
This project started many months ago and has been a collaborative effort, so I’d like to thank the following people who were key contributors to its development.
- Rob Terzi
- Scott McCarty
- Scott McBrien
- Shubha Badve
- Fernando Lozano