Two useful managed application services for Red Hat partners
Today, Red Hat partners can benefit from two new managed service offerings in the hybrid cloud application integration space, as we are publicly announcing the general availability (GA) and advancements of two managed cloud services that are changing how organizations connect applications and services in the cloud.
Many of our Red Hat solution providers and systems integrator partners deal with creating innovative integration solutions for their customers, which have increasingly challenging needs spanning from integrating applications, data, systems, or edge solutions across the hybrid cloud. And ISV SaaS partners need to connect their offerings to distributed data sources and manage data streams in real-time, with the same flexibility and scalability they provide with their own SaaS offerings. All the while taking advantage of microservices and distributed architectures in containers.
But not every Red Hat partner is an expert at managing containers or cloud infrastructure. Some may not have the resources or enablement to operate a container infrastructure. How can we help them when there are situations where they don’t have the resources or time to install the infrastructure required to run those integrations, but they need to get started right away in a customer project? Especially when their customer is looking at containers as their preferred or future deployment platform?
Could they benefit from using cloud-hosted services where everything is taken care of, so they can focus on building the solution for the customer, starting right away?
What if, in addition, partners could complement those integration solutions with all the advantages of containers in the cloud without having to worry about setting up the infrastructure, or managing it themselves? Not to mention to make sure these solutions are scalable and secure, and can be started or stopped at will (with the corresponding cost savings) thus allowing the partner to focus on building the solution the customer needs without thinking about the integration or cloud infrastructure.
A streamlined experience
The good news is we have an answer for many of those questions: Red Hat OpenShift Streams for Apache Kafka and Red Hat OpenShift API Management.
- Red Hat OpenShift Streams for Apache Kafka is a fully hosted and managed cloud service for streaming data that reduces the operational cost and complexity of delivering real-time applications across hybrid-cloud environments. It makes it easier to create, discover, and connect to real-time data streams no matter where they are deployed. Streams are a key component for delivering event-driven and data analytics applications.
- Red Hat OpenShift API Management is a hosted and managed API Management service that enables rapid development and deployment of API-first applications making it easier to manage APIs for internal or external users and share, distribute, control, and monetize APIs in a more secure manner. It is delivered as an add-on product to Red Hat OpenShift Dedicated.
Both cloud services provide a streamlined developer experience and are fully hosted and managed by Red Hat, so partners like solution providers and systems integrators don't have to worry about anything other than going online and starting work. Red Hat OpenShift Streams for Apache Kafka and Red Hat OpenShift API Management run on OpenShift thus benefiting from its capabilities, without any of the hassles of installing, configuring, or managing the container orchestration infrastructure. And partners such as SaaS ISVs can take a hands-off approach to running their data streaming infrastructure and use OpenShift Streams to more transparently add high-speed messaging and data stream management to their own SaaS applications. Both services support a unified integration experience, allowing ISVs to more seamlessly connect their applications across public and private clouds.
As fully hosted and managed cloud offerings, these services shift operational responsibility and support to Red Hat, enabling partners to drive innovation and focus on meeting their customers’ integration demands.
Check the resources below to know more and give them a try!
- Red Hat Application Services
- Red Hat Cloud Services
- Red Hat OpenShift Streams for Apache Kafka
- Red Hat OpenShift API Management
- Getting started with Red Hat OpenShift Streams for Apache Kafka
- Getting started with Red Hat OpenShift API Management