For a few years now, Red Hat OpenShift Certification has included Operators for our partners software to be Red Hat Certified. To complement this, we are adding Helm charts for partners to certify their software.
Helm and Operators both serve important roles for OpenShift certification: Helm is easy to build with a focus for day 1 automation capabilities; Operators have advanced capabilities to enable day 2 application automation. If you’re not familiar with day 1 / day 2, the former generally refers to what customers have to do on the first day of software deployment (e.g. install, update), and the latter involves the automation of software lifecycle management. See the five phases and related examples described below.
To learn more about Helm and getting your software Helm chart certified, look at these resources:
- Read more about Red Hat OpenShift certification for Helm chart
- See the Helm section in the Policy guide
- Still trying to decide Helm vs Operators? See this comparison page.
- Read more about OpenShift certification.
- Learn about Helm certification in this Technical Workshop.